Signed in as:
Signed in as:
401 E. Fayette Street, Baltimore, MD 21202, 410-396-3083
Office of the Fire Marshal:
401 E. Lexington Street
Baltimore, MD 21202
Engine Company 42, Medic 6
4522 Harford Road, 21214
Engine Company 43, Medic 18
1100 Walters Avenue, 21239
Engine Company 56
6512 Harford Road, 21214
Smoke alarms save lives!
Homeowners can request free smoke alarms and the fire department will install them for you.
Smoke Alarms for the deaf or hearing impaired are also available by calling the
Office of the Fire Marshal: 410-396-5752
DON'T GO TO SLEEP TONIGHT WITHOUT A WORKING SMOKE ALARM!
Please check it monthly and replace the battery when you change your clock for daylight savings time.
CARBON MONOXIDE SAFETY
Carbon monoxide is a colorless, odorless gas that is produced from fuel burning appliances in and around the home, an oil furnace, a natural gas water heater and even a lawn mower. Install a carbon monoxide detector on every level of the house.
ELECTRICAL FIRE SAFETY
Electrical fires claim the lives of 280 Americans each year. Most of these fires are caused by incorrectly installed electrical wiring and overloaded circuits and extension cords. Fire deaths are highest in winter months which call for more indoor activities and increases in lighting, heating, and appliance use.
Placing things that can burn too close to heating equipment or placing heating equipment too close to things that can burn, such as upholstered furniture, clothing, mattress, or bedding, was the leading factor contributing to ignition in fatal home heating fires. Take extra precautions and never leave unattended.
To make sure your next barbecue does not go up in flames, follow these safety tips: